Kirkcudbright Community Sport Hub
- A partnership where a range of local sports can work together.
- Training and development of the people that make sport happen.
- An integrated approach led by local partners.
- Self sustainable sports clubs/organisations.
- Genuine community engagement and leadership.
- Improved access to facilities at affordable prices.
How will we do this?
The Kirkcudbright Community Sport Hub steering group will manage the development of the hub. The steering group is a partnership between Kirkcudbright Academy, Active Schools and Community Sport, Kirkcudbright Swimming Pool and volunteers involved in local sport. The steering group meets every two months.
The steering group is always looking to include more volunteers able to make a contribution to the development of grassroots sport in Kirkcudbright.
The steering group is continually consulting with individuals and groups to establish the recreational needs of the community. This information then informs the plans that the steering group works towards.
Our priorities for the next six months are to:
- Help promote the sports and activities that are currently running in Kirkcudbright.
- Organise and deliver volunteer training to support people who would like to organise new activities.
- Help clubs organise new initiatives with local partners to increase their memberships.
- Identify barriers to people taking part in physical activity and help address them.
- Provide opportunities for young people to take part in more physical activity
- Increase the opportunities for partnerships working between clubs and organisations