St Cuthbert Wanderers
St Cuthbert Wanderers is one of the oldest clubs in the South of Scotland League. The club was formed in the year 1879 by several members of the congregation of St Cuthbert’s Catholic Church in the High Street (which became the present St Andrew and St Cuthbert’s Church, behind the town’s Sheriff Court House.)
After a few trial games it was decided that the club would be called ‘St Cuthbert Wanderers’. The club was later admitted to the Southern Counties, following several friendly games with local amateur clubs.
St Cuthbert Wanderers first started playing competitive matches in 1881 in the Churchill Cup. Their first South of Scotland League Championship win came in the 1927/28 season and have gone on to win a further 11 league titles since.
In recent years the club has added floodlights to St Mary’s Park and there are plans in place to develop the ground even more.
St Cuthbert Wanderers are a Full Member Club of the SFA.
The club now also has youth teams, from 2002’s to Under15s.
For more information visit www.stcuthbertwanderers.co.uk
Visit www.stcuthbertwanderers.co.uk for more details